I have extensive experience working within the NHS, public health bodies and government
departments including the Department of Health, DEFRA and OFSTED.
Working with Brands
I have worked in many capacities with a wide range of different brands including radio days and live events. I can provide content and quotes for press releases and I am always willing to react quickly to media opportunities, whether journalist interviews or live television appearances. I am also able to develop and test recipes, provide nutrient analysis and write scientific reviews relevant to your product.
Working with Tilda, the UK’s leading British rice brand, since 2010
- Published a review on rice in the Nutrition Bulletin An overview of the role of rice in the UK diet – Schenker – 2012 – Nutrition Bulletin – Wiley Online Library
- Worked with Tilda and the innovation team to develop Tilda Kids, a range of Mumsnet Rated products, perfect for children who are weaned and happily eating solids.
- Provided content and recipes for the Mood Food Manual Tilda Mood Food Manual 2015.
Working with Sainsburys
As part of the Sainsburys Active Kids campaign I attended live
events around the UK as a speaker.
Working with Ella’s Kitchen
UK Baby Shows speaker providing live weaning advice to parents and parents to be.
Working with Young’s
- Developed healthy recipes for kids using Young’s product range Haddock with Fritters & Beans • Young’s Seafood
- Radio day to launch the campaign giving back-to-back interviews to national and local stations.
Education and Training
I have developed and ran training schemes from large organisations to small independent companies; most notably I developed the Level 1 Nutrition qualification for the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. I have accumulated many hours of teaching time including university lecturing. More recently I have provided training for influencer briefings.
Working with Charities
I am proud to have supported a number of charities including:
Haven House Sponsored Slim
I helped 15 volunteers lose weight over eight weeks. I provided dietary advice, meal plans and recipes and ran weekly weigh-ins. The volunteers lost a total weight of 126kg and raised £10,823.
Training day for London Marathon runners. Charity runners attended a training day at an athletics club ran by Daley Thompson and myself. Daley provided training tips and I provided advice on nutrition.